Saturday, May 12, 2012

Happy Birthday to my Grandma!

Today would have been my Grandmother's 90th Birthday.  I really wish she were here to celebrate it.  It has been 13 years since she passed away and there is not a day that I don't miss her.

My Grandmother is the woman who has influenced my life the most here on earth.  She was always there for me.  Whether is was to take me someplace new and exciting, play spelling games with me, make me a delicious snack, or to pray for me.  When I was a teenager, my life was not going in a great direction.  I was at the top of my Grandmother's prayer list.  Even though I thought she was silly and old fashioned at the time, hanging green scapulars on my bed and lighting candles, now I wish she were here to see that her prayers were answered.  

She set the foundation for my faith and taught me about the Little Way.  Thank you Grandma!  I love you and miss you and hope to be with you one day in heaven.


No comments:

Post a Comment